Monday 28 November 2016

Toke Makinwa in Adorable gown as she launches her book "On Becoming"

Toke Makinwa is one of the most popular media personalities in Nigeria. She recently became an author with the unveiling of her new book “On Becoming”, in which she shares her  story and pain to inspire women who have gone or are going through similar situations. Penning the book was informed by
her decision to document some of the personal losses she has suffered over the years and how she successfully made it through the most difficult time of her life. According to her it is important to tell your story or else the world will tell it for you. There was a lot of mystery around the Toke Makinwa brand and last year I had my life thrown into a storm that shook my very core. My journey to healing and getting my life back in order was not an easy one, In my pain, I found purpose and the message of “On Becoming” was conceived. My faith was questioned but looking back now I see that it has all worked out the way God ordained that it would.
In the fire I had a peace I could not explain and that could only come from God, I knew somehow that there was a message in all of the mess and when the word came to write a book, I was weary, confused, unsure, scared but I thought about the million and one women out there and men who are currently or at some point have dealt with a setback of some sort and it made me feel like i had a mission to spread the word, to share their pain and make see reason to get up and fight the urge to give up! It is very easyto let go, there is a lot of pain in the world today we need more successful stories of survival to encourage everyone who reads ‘On Becoming’.



Read more at   http://guardian.ng/guardian-woman/in-my-pain-i-found-purpose-and-the-message-of-on-becoming-was-conceived/

No comments: