Wednesday 11 January 2017

Dylann Roof is sentenced to DEATH for Charleston church shooting – he killed nine black churchgoers in racist attack

The 22-year-old opened fire on churchgoers at a South Carolina chapel in 2015 after they had invited him to a Bible study group. Showing no remorse before his verdict, a defiant Roof said: "I still feel like I had to do it." The self confessed white supremacist did not offer any evidence to spare his life.
Speaking for about five minutes before the jury went to deliberate on his punishment he told them: "I have the right to ask
you to give me a life sentence, but I'm not sure what good it would do anyway."
Showing no remorse before his verdict, a defiant Roof said: "I still feel like I had to do it."
The self confessed white supremacist did not offer any evidence to spare his life.
Speaking for about five minutes before the jury went to deliberate on his punishment he told them: "I have the right to ask you to give me a life sentence, but I'm not sure what good it would do anyway."
It was the same jury that found him guilty on all counts, and deliberated Tuesday for under three hours before deciding his sentence.
Roof showed no remorse after carrying out the brutal church massacre.
He callously opened fire on the Bible study group after they had welcomed him in to the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church session.
He went on to the jury of eight men and four women: “I would say that in this case, the prosecution and anyone else who hates me, are the ones that have been misled."

No comments: