Wednesday 9 November 2016

Five dead, 50 injured and driver arrested after tram derails in south London, police say




Five dead, 50 injured and driver arrested after tram derails in south London, police say London Ambulance Service said 51 people had been taken to St George's Hospital in Tooting, south London, and Croydon University Hospital.

St George's said it was treating 20 people, including four who were seriously injured. The overturned tram remains on its side next to an underpass and appears to have derailed where the track branches.
Local resident Hannah Collier said: "I was in bed watching the election when I heard a big crash, which I thought was the wind. "Then I heard people shouting and then the emergency services arriving. "Later I saw at least one person being brought out on a stretcher."

No comments: