Tuesday 15 November 2016

I can't be intimidated with detention says Fani Kayode as he vows to fight on


Former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani Kayode has been released from Kuje Prisons in Abuja where he was remanded after his arraignment on fresh N26 million fraud allegation. Fani Kayode was released after fulfilling the bail conditions of N50m bail bond and one surety imposed by Justice James Tsoho of the Federal High Court in Abuja.


Addressing newsmen shortly after his release on Monday, Fani-Kayode said he will not be intimidated by his arrest and incarceration in defending the oppressed.
"I am used to detention. I was detained for 76 days and I survived it. I spent another 24 days- that means three months of detention without having been convicted of any crime," he said.
"What I can say is that He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world. Those that are with me are greater than those that are against me. No weapon fashion against me shall prosper."
He expressed support for American president-elect Donald Trump.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) arraigned Kayode on five-count charges of receiving the money from the former National Security Adviser (NSA), Col. Sambo Dasuki through one Victor Ehiabhi by one Salisu Shuaibu.
According to the EFCC, Kayode, the erstwhile Director of Media and Publicity of the Goodluck Jonathan Presidential Campaign, allegedly received the money on November 24, 2014.
The offences are brought under sections 15 (2) (d) of the Money Laundering and Prohibition Act.
Kayode is also facing a similar charge on 17-counts before a Federal High Court in Lagos worth the sum of N1.2 billion. He was granted bail on October 21 before his re-arrest by the EFCC.
The case has been adjourned to December 14 for hearing.
Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/fani-kayode-vows-to-fight-on-says-i-can-t-be-intimidated-with-detention/171662.html#FAwovPwxhqZeQklT.99

No comments: